UPDATED: November 1st, 2018
Collection of Information
User Provided Information
We collect information you provide to us. This includes:
- Email addresses.
- A log of the API requests made using your API Key which may include location data you provide.
- Any contact information you provide when contacting us for support.
- Country of origin.
- At your option, we may pass information you provide on the Service’s website to Stripe, a third-party payment processor.
Automatically Collected Information
We also collect information regarding you and your interactions with us, your use of the Service, as well as information regarding your computer or other device used to access the Service. This information may include:
- Your activity on the Service.
- The IP address from where the API request originated.
- The user-agent used to make the request.
Third-Party Collected Information
We may also collect transaction data from third-parties. This information may include:
- Your interactions with the Service’s website.
- The name on your credit card.
- Your billing address.
- The last four digits of your credit card
- Your card type
- Other Stripe transaction details.
Use of Information
We use the information we collect to provide, analyze, administer, enhance, and personalize the Service for you and others. For example, we may use the information we collect for purposes such as:
- Delivering weather data according to your requests.
- Debugging errors in the Service.
- Communicating with you.
- Billing and collecting payments for the Service.
- Improving the functionality of the Service.
Lawful Basis to Information Processing
We have a legitimate interest and, in some cases, your consent as the lawful basis for our information processing. Our legitimate interest is to deliver the Service to you, which in our determination requires the processing of your personal data, and that there is no less intrusive means of delivering you the Service. We believe that our processing of personal data will not cause unjustified harm in a way that would override our legitimate interest basis as provided under the Data Protection Regulations.
In some cases, we may use consent as our lawful basis for collecting and processing certain types of personal information. In such cases, you have a right to withdraw the consent at any time. We may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you or may otherwise need the personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
Disclosure of Information
We may disclose information in the following ways:
- To our payment services provider Stripe only to the extent necessary for the purposes of processing your payments, refunding such payments and dealing with complaints and queries relating to such payments and refunds. You can find information about the payment services providers’ privacy policies and practices at https://stripe.com/us/privacy.
- As required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process.
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request.
- If Weatherbit is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets.
- To third party analytics companies, such as Google Analytics, as described in the section below.
Third Party Analytics
We may provide anonymous data to third party analytics companies to help us understand how the Service is being used to help us make improvements.
Retention of Information
We retain your information only as long as necessary to provide our services. Specifically, we retain the following information:
- Your account details, billing information, and transaction history are retained for as long necessary for us to respond to disputed transactions, comply with requirements of taxing authorities, and other legal obligations, but in no case longer than ten years.
- Logs of your API requests are retained for no more than two weeks.
Notwithstanding, we may retain your information where such retention is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person.
You have certain rights around the use of your information. You can update or terminate your account from within the Service and can also contact us for individual rights requests about your information, including the right to object to the processing of your personal information, the right to request to have your personal information deleted or restricted and the right to request for portability of your personal information.
You can access and update your information as follows:
- To update data you provide directly, log into your account and update your account at any time.
- To terminate your account, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For any other requests, please email us at email@example.com.
California Do Not Track Disclosures
Some browsers can transmit a "do not track" signal or other similar mechanisms. Unfortunately, there is not yet an adopted standard for how to respond to these signals, so we currently ignore them.
We are concerned about safeguarding the confidentiality of your information. We provide physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect information we process and maintain. For example, we limit access to this information to authorized employees and contractors who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve the Service. Please be aware that, although we endeavor to provide reasonable security, no security system can prevent all potential security breaches.
International Transfers of Your Personal Data
The hosting facilities for the Service are located in the United States, and Canada. Please be aware that when you provide information to us, this information is stored, and processed in the United States or Canada by us as data controller and as data processor. By signing up for and using the Service you agree to this transfer. Please be assured that we seek to take reasonable steps to ensure that your privacy is protected.
Effective Date & Changes